It is good to be back in my PL writing seat; although it is not at HQ’s, it is at home. I am unable to drive at the moment, adding very quickly it is due to an eye op: and not that I am in trouble with Surrey Police!
So with the wonderful invention of email I will send this to Simon for distribution.
Mentioning Simon, I want to thank him so much for, as he said “Stepping into Alice’s shoes” last week and writing what I described as an inspiring PL. I certainly appreciated it, “Thank you Simon, I am sure it has been a Blessing to Surrey and Sussex and in the last week the London Met Christians as well.
- Prayer Please for the mother and father in-law of Mike Russell, leader of the Greater Manchester Police Christian Network. They are both recovering from cancer, with his father in law currently in intensive care after a major operation to remove his stomach. Please also pray for Mike himself,as on Wednesday 29th June, he is sitting a promotion board hoping for promotion to Inspector.
- In London, please pray for patience and calm as the Met continues with it’s programme of change. Pray for resilience for the officers and staff who continue to face the immense stress and uncertainty that often accompanies change.
- Surrey has a new Chief Constable. – “Thank you Lord for answering our Prayers”. Many Congratulations on your appointment Sir and we will be Praying the words you gave us last week. “I would ask that in my new role I am able to exercise good judgement and make sound decisions, which benefit the Public and our Force”.
- Prayer Please – Last week Simon asked us to Pray for the husband of a Member of Surrey Staff who was quite seriously ill in hospital. The situation has not improved, in fact it is worse and the prognosis is very concerning, please continue to Pray for an amazing turn around, which only the Lord can bring about.
- Thank you for your concern for me, messages and Prayers. The eye still needs healing, but I am so grateful for the wonderful improvement I have already experienced.
When this PL goes out it will be the Friday after the Thursday before – In or Out of the EU. Possibly, by the time this PL arrives with you, we will know the result. As I was yet again Praying to the Lord, asking for His Guidance in my decision, suddenly into my head came the chorus, “Yesterday, today, for ever, Jesus is thesame, all may change but Jesus never, Glory to His Name”. Heb 13.8. I Pray that no matter what has or has not changed between Thursday and Friday, you will still know the Love and Care of a Heavenly Father who never changes.
Many Blessings on you from a Faithful God.