Thank you for the responses to last week’s Prayer Letter.
- Police Officers/Staff dealing with death in their family. Handling the trauma and sadness.
- We are at that time of year again when Christian Youth Camps are being held, such as Newday, 7,000 young people expected.
- A few weeks ago, I asked for Prayer for an Officer with Cancer. Here is the latest update. “The PC has requested that he will remain in the prayer letter. It has been confirmed that the cancer has spread and that he will have to undergo specialist chemo therapy all the way through to October. He has to travel a long way for the treatment. He and his family are certainly undergoing a really rough time”.
- General health of all Officers and Staff under great pressure.
- Request for Prayer from an Officer who has very young foreign exchange children staying in his family home at the moment. That they will experience the love of a Christian family around them
Last Friday I went as a Chaplain to be with the Police who were stationed in Windsor, overseeing the security of the visit of President Trump.
I spoke to Officers from Devon and Cornwall, Wales, North Yorkshire, Hampshire, Cumbria and Surrey. I chatted with the dog handler who with PD Betsy checked Blenheim Palace and Windsor Castle.
When I arrived early afternoon, these men and women had been on duty since 3am. I was truly impressed and again saw the hard work carried out by our Police. Thank You!
On my return home I thought about these Officers, who for some were far from home and indeed had long journeys to face the following day. I was reminded of the following verse –
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.
We are coming up to holiday times, hopefully many of you will be planning to be away with your families. Have a wonderful time and take with you the truth of the above Word from The Lord.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at any time by adding a comment below or by clicking here
May you know the Lord’s Hand upon you at this time of relaxation and travel.