It is good to be back in the driving seat and a very big thank you Nick for writing the PL last week.
“Back in the driving seat” is literally true for me. The two ops that I have had on my eyes have now allowed me to drive again, far sooner than anticipated and also to type this without specs. Amazing! “Thank you Lord and thank you for your Prayers for me”.
Following my last PL, I received the following-
* Thanks Alice for hitting the spot – suggesting that we should Pray for our family. We have just lost my husband’s Grandma, everyone is affected. Prayers for all of us please.
PRAYERS FOR THE FOLLOWING PLEASE
- This morning (21st Nov), one of our uniformed colleagues here in Sussex Police; has had a heart attack whilst at work, he has just concluded successful surgery, which has saved his life. So prayers for him would be greatly welcomed.
- Prayers for the family and Colleagues of a Detention Officer in Staines Custody Centre who died last Saturday.
- All those who are off work sick, or struggling to stay at work
- A reduction in crime and suffering across the nation
- For those families who are preparing to spend Christmas without mum or dad because they will be on duty keeping us all safe.
Please see the following event for all emergency service workers in Guildford.
- On Monday the 12th December 2016 at 8pm, St Saviours Church (Woodbridge Road, Guildford, GU1 4QD) are hosting a Christmas Carols Service for all emergency service colleagues and volunteers along with families and friends. There will be complimentary free light refreshments afterwards. Everybody is welcome and this is an informal event, so feel free to come in smart/casual dress. It would be great to have a big turn out and any questions, please contact Nick Sharpe or Simon Berger
Today as I write this PL, I am recalling 8 years ago. I was attending a Thanksgiving Service for the life of my husband Barry who had died earlier in the month. We spent 40 very happy years together. The last Sunday he attended Church he spoke on “Be still and know that I am God” Ps 46 10. Such a command. No matter what is happening around us, God is still in control. I battle with that on occasions, but hopefully I am learning.
My daily Prayers are for you as you move through your work and as you return to your family and friends.
Please feel free to contact me by adding a comment below or by clicking here to send me an email.
Many Blessings in Him.