Amongst the replies from last week’s PL, I received the following –
- ‘All the days ordained for me were written in your book, before one of them came to be “is really handy to keep at the forefront of one’s mind during the tough days. We know that many in the police service are having tough days – I’m sure this verse that you have focussed on today will comfort many more than just me.”
- “Reading your Prayer Letter today about Joseph has given me real encouragement – thank you.”
For Praise and Prayer
- We have been Praying for Helen Collins. I have today received news that the outlook for her is very positive. Please continue in Prayer for her.
- Prayer for former Surrey Chief, Lynne Owens as she continues to walk along the path as Head of the NCA, please.
- For long term sick, two of whom I am aware across different forces C and S.
- Prayer for the commissioner of the Metropolitan Police following his retirement announcement, and of course prayers for those who may replace him.
- Prayer for the Annual Celebration of Christianity in the Police Service on the 18th October, Central London. (Please come along if you can)
Last Sunday, one of our Leaders in my Church, started his Sermon with the Bible reading of Jesus calling the fishermen who would become His Disciples. They would also be the beginnings of the future Church as we have known it to be and can see it today.
As I thought about this, I had to admit, they would not have been my choice, (sorry fishermen/women). Influential, well educated, important people in the township would have been at the top of my list.
As you continue on a daily basis to work for your Force, whether it be Surrey, Sussex or the police services of London, please be encouraged too.
“You are here for such a time as this” Esther 4.14.
I can see that the time is tough to be in the Police Force. God has placed you there. You have been called, just as Jesus called the fishermen.
My daily Prayers are with you in all you are, in all you do and in all you see.
And again, from me, “A Very Big Thank You”
God Bless you and keep you. May His Light shine upon you and give you His Peace.